Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Part Two....

The story starts here.

My great-aunt Lurleen (RIP) used to says what's meant to be is meant to be and there ain't nothin' that'll get in the way of that. I'm pretty sure she didn't make that up, but I'm also pretty sure that she was right.

There were days that I'd look out my window of my (perfectly nice) room in my (perfectly nice) house where I lived with my (perfectly nice) family and just feel trapped. Feeling like I was meant to be more than this, there was something bigger out there. But I couldn't move. Like an animal stuck on the highway between two lanes of traffic, knowing that they can't stay there forever but any movement is certain death.....

....But then he showed up. I didn't know it was a life preserver at the time, but he kept me from drowning.

The tow truck came and I thanked him and he smiled and I knew there was something there. He asked if he could call me sometime and I wrote my number with a purple pen on his palm.

The next day he called.

What's meant to be is meant to be and there ain't nothin' that'll get in the way of that.

NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment